Community Support Grant Application Program
Overview: The Greater Muskogee Area Chamber of Commerce and Tourism sets aside funds in their fiscal budget to assist with development and promotion of local events and projects that demonstrate an economic impact through overnight hotel stays, sales tax generation, enhancing the visitors experience and/or publicity of Muskogee as a destination for visitors.
Application Requirements: Applications and all supporting documentation must be submitted to the Tourism Director at the Chamber office 60 days prior to the project. Applications must be received by the 5th of the month to be heard at that month’s meeting. The Community Support Committee, a sub-committee of the Tourism Committee, will review the completed application and make a recommendation to the full Tourism Committee for official action. The Tourism Committee meets on the third Wednesday of each month.
Criteria: The Community Support Committee will consider such factors as:
- The type and scope of the organization or agency applying;
- The effect and impact of the project on Muskogee tourism;
- The time span in which the project will be completed;
- The amount of funding requested or required for the project to be successful;
- The project’s ability and intent to attract overnight visitors to Muskogee on a continuing basis;
- and the overall merit of the event.
Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis. The organization will be notified of the determination within two working days of the monthly Tourism Committee meeting where it is considered.
Click the link to download the application.