- This event has passed.
Hope Through Healing: A Trauma-Informed Community Summit
June 25, 2021 @ 7:30 am - 5:00 pm$20
The Hope Through Healing Summit is hosted by Neighbors Building Neighborhoods, Kids’ Space, Fostering Hope, and Restoration Behavioral Health.
Early Registration $20/ On-site Registration (day of event) $25
General sessions and breakout sessions will include trauma 101, trauma-informed education systems, the rationale for trauma-informed culture, and practical steps to implementing trauma-informed strategies into your business, classroom, or agency. Continuing Education Credits and CLEET hours will be available.
This summit is open to all community members, educators, law enforcement, mental health professionals, and anyone interested in creating a trauma-informed community. **Lunch will be provided**
We are thrilled to announce Chan Hellman, Ph.D. as our keynote speaker. Dr. Hellman is internationally renowned for his work on building a hope-centered response to trauma. With over 150 scholarly publications and countless workshops in the areas of child maltreatment, domestic violence, homelessness, etc., Chan has focused his work on sharing the science and power of hope in our ability to overcome trauma and thrive. Dr. Hellman has trademarked Hope Centered and Trauma-Informed as the evidence-based framework to guide individual practice and coordinated community responses to trauma.
Workshops will include:
• Nuts and Bolts of Implementing Trauma-Informed Practices
• The Need for Trauma-Informed Churches
• Moral Injury and Compassion Fatigue for Law Enforcement
• Substance Abuse Prevention
• Burnout and Vicarious Trauma
• Disciplining with Trauma in Mind
• Creating Culture that is Trauma-Informed
• Moral injury and Compassion Fatigue for the Faith Community
• Critical Incident Response and PTSD for Law Enforcement
• Legacy of Trauma in the Community
• Child Abuse Response and Prevention
• Trauma-Informed Education Systems
On-site registration will begin at 7:30 a.m. and Summit will begin at 8:15 a.m.