The Greater Muskogee Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism seeks to fill the position of Director of Marketing and is accepting applications for this position via resumé and cover letter submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See the full job description and requirements below.
Job Title: Director of Marketing
Reports To: GMACC President / CEO
Job Status: Exempt / Salaried
Currently Held By:
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the implementation and execution of the GMACC and Tourism marketing plans. This position works with the Marketing Team to develop the annual marketing plans and manages the details of all aspects of those plans. Components of the annual marketing plans include, but are not limited to: strategies for both earned and paid media in print, radio, television and online campaigns, web site design and maintenance, creation of print materials, press releases, social media, managing the REAL OKIE brand and the REAL OKIE store. The Director of Marketing ensures the GMACC and REAL OKIE brands are prominent in all events, activities and public relation information provided by GMACC and Tourism. This position oversees promotions locally, statewide and regionally.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Marketing and Public Relations – Chamber and Tourism – 60%
1. Responsible for all GMACC and Tourism marketing and promotions via media, writing and design of articles and ads, design of print materials, broadcast announcements, press releases, and other miscellaneous media;
2. Buys and designs advertising in publications including magazines, online banner ads, brochures, flyers and tourist guides which will encourage tourists to visit the area. Arranges advertisements in state and national periodicals which promote the area as a tourist destination;
3. Assists in the planning of the annual advertising budgets;
4. Works daily within confines of approved advertising budgets for Chamber and Tourism;
5. Prepares and distributes press releases to all media contacts to publicize the efforts and accomplishments of the Tourism Department and the Chamber;
6. Maintains an accurate and up-to-date database of media contacts;
7. Manages all components of the REAL OKIE store, including inventory records and reporting, new products, outside and online sales and merchandise purchases;
8. Assists with the REAL OKIE Pride program and presentations;